Design and Manufacturing of a Differential Switch for the Filtration Industry
[Click to enlarge]
This differential switch was designed to for a client in the filtration industry. The client required a differential switch with both electrical and visual indicators to inform the user when a system required maintenance. We developed a product that could meet our client's technical and economic specifications, including compact design, specified range of set points, cost effectiveness and filter specific, by using modular components.
After meeting with the client to approve 3D CAD models of conceptual designs, prototypes were created for evaluation and pressure and cycle testing and client satisfaction. We used the additional feedback to finalize and perfect the design. The final product had the added benefit of reducing production costs, further lowering the prices which satisfied everybody's requirements.
Differential Switch for the Filtration Industry Project Highlights
- Product Description
- This differential switch is used within a(n) hydraulic filtration application.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Research & Design
- Had Discussion w/ Client to Understand all Requirements
- Perform Research & Development to Identify any Design Changes That Could be Recommend to Improve Existing Design
- Generate Conceptual Design for Customer Approval
- SolidWorks Utilized to Generate 3D CAD Models
- Machined Components and Purchased Components to Integrate
- Design a Test Unit to Test as Prototype
- Submit to Client for Evaluation
- Manufacture First Article Prior to Full Production Run
- Perform Evaluation based Off of Customer Feedback for any Production Improvements
- Compact Design
Accommodate Specific Set Points
Designed to Fit Specific Filters
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Burst Pressure Testing
- Industry for Use
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied specifications.
- Product Name
- Differential Switch